Hiding Future posts from the Latest view

TIL about muting discourse categories and wanted to share in case others hadn’t figured this out yet…

When viewing the main discourse page, the default view shows all Latest posts. This includes things like WIP and Template posts that clutter my view. I get the value in team collaboration on WIP posts, but as an end user, I just want to see the fully baked discussions by default.

So far, most of these posts are categorized as Devevelopment/Future. If you’re like me and want to hide these posts from the Latest view, go to your account preferences and mute the Dev/Future category:

https://discourse.jujucharms.com/u/<YOU>/preferences/categories

You can do this for any category that you want filtered out of your Latest view. It’s worth noting the posts are still accessible by drilling into the muted category if needed.

@rick_h, I see you’ve been birthing most of the categories here – perhaps it would be worth making a top-level WIP category that can more easily be muted. I can imagine a time when Dev/Future won’t be the only place WIP docs get housed.

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up on how to do things and understand the pain points there on our noise as we figure out how best to use this tool.

I can imagine specs, features, docs that’ll be WIP until release so I’ll bring up with folks about trying to do some sort of WIP space that we can stick all those in vs nesting them under each respective category.

1 Like

I’ve setup the Future category and there’s several sub-groups for us to work on things in flight that might get lots of updates there. Let me know how this works out and hopefully it’ll help.

1 Like