Why consider Juju as your devops solution? Here are 7 reasons

Simplicity, stability and security

No devops tool is as simple to use as Juju. Juju provides operators with full control over their deployment while introducing minimal cognitive overhead. Deployments managed by Juju are stable and resilient.

Always optimal configuration

Applications deployed with Juju are never mis-configured, irrespective of their scale or hosting environment. Typos cannot interrupt service. Secrets are never leaked. Juju’s relations allow applications to automatically apply and update their configuration. As an application’s scale changes, so too does the application’s configuration.

End-to-end encryption

It is standard practice to encrypt communications between operators and machines managed by a devops tool. Juju goes further. It sets up a private Certificate Authority so that all communication between units and applications via relations through the cluster is also encrypted end-to-end.

Higher-level thinking

Juju supports your team’s effort to model its software deployment. When describing your stack to your colleagues, it’s common to create a drawing on a whiteboard with boxes and lines between them. This view is what Juju allows you to retain, irrespective of the underlying complexity.

Enterprise-critical features

Juju is CTO-friendly. Software vendors and distributors may require that users of their software agree to terms and conditions before their application can be deployed. They can use Juju as a software delivery channel, irrespective of their licencing model. Juju includes support for subscription budgets, automated SLA management and fine-grained access control.

Multi-cloud and hybrid-cloud by design

Hybrid-cloud architectures allow for more density, more isolation and more burst capacity. Historically, they also imply a significantly higher mental and technical overhead. With Juju, the technical overhead is eliminated and the mental overhead is kept constant.

Software maturity

We’ve been in the game a long time. Canonical has been developing the current version of Juju since 2012. Every release has incorporated experience gathered from the field. Don’t risk your business on a tool that’s unproven.

I’m aiming to get this up on the Ubuntu blog.

5 Likes

Looks like maybe this is missing a verb here.

Thanks! Fixed :slight_smile:

Possibly

->

Software vendors and distributors may require that users of their software agree to terms and conditions before their application can be deployed.

Yeah the wording is a bit clunky. I’ve used your sentence. Thanks for the edit.

Should be “Here are 7 reasons”

Updated title, image & alt text :slight_smile:

Hmm, this is maybe something you should elaborate on. I admit this has happened to me a few rounds :slight_smile:

In principle, relations should do all of the heavy lifting to get configuration correct. My favourite example in this regard is the pgsql interface. But that requires robust charms to be written. Data can also come directly from config settings, which introduce data entry errors.