Options for professional support

Hi

What are the options for professional support for a Juju installation? jujucharms.com doesn’t seem to mention any options.

I’m specifically looking for support for Juju itself; the controller and the integration with vsphere for example.

Hi Merlijn,

Are you looking to provide support or are you looking to get support?

I’m looking to get support

Let me check if/what covers that and get back to you. I am assuming you’re talking about your own set of controllers in a data center (for vsphere), not on public clouds (for those you can always use JAAS)

I am assuming you’re talking about your own set of controllers in a data center (for vsphere), not on public clouds

Yes, that’s correct.

The best way to get support for juju controllers would be to buy Ubuntu Advantage Standard or Advanced support [1], this would cover Juju on the machines/VMs running controllers as well.

I am quite interested if you have something more unique and directed for controllers in mind. For example, the level of managed vs. supported deploy. I know you guys are experts already, but what would you be looking for mostly - operational support when something goes wrong on a busy and long running controller, or even more, like guidance and help setting the controllers up to be production ready.

Feel free to write down your “best case” scenario what you’re looking for.

Thanks!

[1] https://buy.ubuntu.com

Thanks for the response!

How many licenses would we need to buy? Do we only need to cover the controllers or the models themselves as well? Although our main controller has about 200 VM’s in 20 models, only a small part of them are considered production. The support would mainly be for the controller itself and maybe for the production VMs.

So, what I’m thinking of at the moment:

• Operational support for when something goes wrong.
  • We also have a number of not-so-urgent issues that we’re stuck on, so having someone to help us debug these issues and find workarounds and mitigations would be really helpful.
  • We also have some bugs/feature requests very specific to our setup that we’d like to see prioritized.

Does this fall in the scope of one of the advantage packages?

1 Like