Bzr push error bzr: ERROR: Invalid url supplied to transport: No such source package

Hi ,
I have written an example charm. Its on my local disk. To push it to bzr , I use the steps:
bzr init
bzr add
bzr push lp:~your-launchpad-username/charms/series/charm_name/trunk

The last step gives me an error, bzr: ERROR: Invalid url supplied to transport: "lp:~your-launchpad-username/charms/series/charm_name No such source package charm_name

You no longer need to have charms pushed to LP. That is very historic. You should be using the charm cli tool to push charms and you can keep the code in whatever repository you like to work in.

Check out: https://docs.jujucharms.com/2.4/en/authors-charm-store#submitting-a-new-charm

Thanks Rick. I already did this and released my charm to the channel edge. So, now I am able to grant access to another user, do I need to promulgate my charm prior to sharing. If not, then how the shared user will be able to deploy my charm?

Yep, once the charm is in the store you can use the charm grant command to give others access and charm publish to release it to new channels and such. Check out the --help on those commands for hints as to how to get your charm out there.

Let us know if you hit any questions.