Adding a Windows node

I’ve added a Windows node to the cluster but its status is not ready, on the Windows node I get
Error registering network: failed to acquire lease: node “node name” pod cidr not assigned.

I’m lost on where to make this config or why Flannel isn’t assigning the pod cidr.

Any troubleshooting help would be great.

1 Like

Any solutions on this issue?
I run into the same problems…

How are you adding a Windows node? My assumption is that you are manually trying to configure the Windows node to connect to the cluster. What procedure did you follow so far? Do you have flannel running on the node? What version of Kubernetes is this?

I was following this guide
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/virtualization/windowscontainers/kubernetes/joining-windows-workers?tabs=NetworkMode

When I run the start.ps1 script to join the cluster I saw the error message failed to acquire lease: node "win-worker-eval" pod cidr not assigned and then I will end in a loop that says “Waiting for the network to be created”

The kubernetes version I use is 1.15.4. The worker nodes in my juju cluster are also version 1.15.4

The version of the windows node is windows server 2019 Build 17763.

Was able to fix it by adding the following flags to the kube-controller-manager:
–allocate-node-cidr=true
–cluster-cidr=<cidr>

The node is now in ready state and pods are also running on the node.

But I am not able to curl the services which exposing the application running on the windows worker nodes.
If I ping the pod from another pod that is running on the linux worker nodes I get no respond…